“O mankind! Eat of that which is lawful and good on the earth.” [The Quran, 2:168]
Theme: Kids in the Kitchen
Our theme last week was extremely fun. Students were exposed to new materials and tools. They shared their stories about:
The meals cooked at home? Are they kitchen helpers and how they help? What are the kitchen utensils they use? What they know/ don’t know from the 4 food groups? What do they see in the grocery store? What is healthy and what is not. Lastly, the etiquette of eating taught by prophet Mohammed PBUH.
'Umar bin Abu Salamah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported:
Messenger of Allah (pbuh), said to me, "Mention Allah's Name (i.e., say Bismillah before starting eating), eat with your right hand, and eat from what is near you."
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].
عن عمر بن أبى سلمة رضى الله عنهما قال: قال لي رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم:"سم الله وكل بيمينك، وكل ما يليك" .
- Finished the letter K craft (k is for kangaroo).
- Learned the name, sound and action of the letter L.
- Traced and wrote the letter L in upper and lower cases in student’s personal journal.
- Reviewed sight words (a, to, the, I, you).
- Learned the sight word (and).
- Started our new lesson (Measurements).
- Students participated in making pasta and vegetable soup using some kitchen utensils.
Parents should get ready for some real help from their mighty Jk helpers.
- Look who’s cooking! craft (Name tags for dinner).
- Chef hat (Students were wearing it while cooking the soup).
- Please remember the day of your child’s show and tell and send something with them.
- Please remember to send the library book with your child every Wednesday.
- - Home work folders are expected to be returned to school even if home work was not done.
Jazakum Allahu Khyran