Here are key points we covered lately:
- We continued to talk about Allah (swt) the creator and his blessings upon us;
- Allah (swt) made every single one of us so special in his/her own way;
- we talked about our families and that they are one of Allah's blessings on us - especially moms and dads;
- making dua and asking Allah for anything at anytime;
- We discussed the school's monthly theme of cleanliness.
These concepts are introduced to the children through discussions at circle time, story books, arts and crafts and through songs and nasheeds.
- we learned four Surats: Alfatiha, Al-Ikhlass, and we're are still learning Al-Falaq
- we learned numbers up to 5 with one-to-one correspondence. We also worked on sorting using different attributes
In Language Arts,
- we learned letter G the sound it makes and we came up with words that start with the letter
- we are trying to identify rhyming in story books
- four food groups and eating healthy food
- we talk about our sense and what we do with them
- the children learned the letters ج ح خ د)) and new words that start with each of these letters. They sang nasheeds in Arabic made crafts and traced and coloured in their Arabic books.